Fave games of 2020
Posted on 2021-01-02
Note: these are just games I played in 2020, not necessarily games that were released in 2020.
Faves (in no particular order):
- Good Sudoku — I've probably played this an average of 30 minutes a day for the last four+ months
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons — Gave me a reason to meet new people during a pandemic when most of my normal ways of meeting people were unavailable
- Lonely Mountains: Downhill — Such great game feel and replayability
- Fall Guys — Great fun both to play and to watch
- Ordinary Puzzles — Simple, but good design
- Littlewood — Spent a lot of time playing this before I picked up ACNH, which scratched the same itch
- A Short Hike — Short but great game feel and heartwarming story
- Flipflop Solitaire — Played this a lot early in the year
- Honorable Mention: Among Us — I didn't play this at all myself, but I've loved watching people stream it
Some games that were noteworthy but didn't quite make the cut for various reasons:
- Dicey Dungeons — I just started playing this at the end of 2020. Perhaps it will make the list for 2021?
- What the Golf — Lots of fun, but I rarely think "I want to play this right now"
- Fast RMX — All around good racing game, but nothing much noteworthy about it
- Baba is You — I just kept getting stuck on various levels but also didn't want to spoil them
- Pair Solitaire
- Various sudoku apps by Cracking the Cryptic
- Gin Rummy
- Sagrada — Great game but requires just a little too much concentration to make it a play-all-the-time game for me
- Two Dots Scavenger Hunt — Not sure how I even learned about this, but I like it more than most hidden object games